Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
Find forms, templates and links about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- ITC brochure: Integrated Team Care eligibility and info
- Access Best Practice/Medical Director referral forms on this page or
- Access PDF version of ITC referral form
All new referrals should be directed to North Coast Aboriginal Corporation for Community Health (NCACCH). Please contact the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program Support Facilitator on 07 5443 3599.
- Referral Form Sunshine Coast ITC CCSS GP Referral and Consent Form
- Template 715 Health Check Proforma to be completed during assessment by GP
- Referral Form Individual Allied Health Services for patients with chronic medical conditions and complex care needs (MBS Items 10950-10970)
- Referral Form Follow-up allied health services under Medicare for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people (MBS Items 81300-81360)
- Fact sheet Follow up Allied Health Services for People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Descent (MBS Items 81300-81360)
- Fact sheet Medicare Health Assessment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People (MBS ITEM 715)
About the program
In response to Australia’s well-recognised health gap between Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people and non-Indigenous people, culturally appropriate health care has been a key priority in a wide range of the PHN’s activities, programs and relationships.
PHN Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander primary health care programs are developed locally, in partnership with community, Elders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workers and mainstream health professionals.
Integrated Team Care (ITC)
Formerly known as the CCSS program, the Integrated Team Care program is a free program consisting of Care Coordinators and Outreach Workers who can assist clients with:
- understanding their chronic health condition and how to manage it
- connecting with a support group
- arranging home help
- accessing medical services
- understanding their care plan and medical jargon
- accessing some medical aids for chronic conditions
Please access referral forms under the ‘Chronic Disease Management (ITC) referral forms’ heading