Mental health services
Are you a clinician looking for referral information? Visit the mental health program page
The Access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS) program gives you the opportunity to see a psychologist for no cost (for eligible clients) if you have a common mental disorder of mild to moderate severity.
To get started in the program, your first point of call is to visit your GP and discuss your symptoms with them. They may then be able refer you to one of the ATAPS providers in your area.
- Carers with a diagnosis of mental health issues
- People at mild to moderate risk of suicide or self-harm
- People in remote areas
- People who are affected by extreme climatic events such as flooding or other disasters
- Women with perinatal depression
- Child mental health
- Aboriginal people
- Torres Strait Islander people
- Culturally and linguistically diverse groups
- People who are experiencing or are at risk of homelessness
The Partners in Recovery program provides a lifeline of understanding, expertise and solutions so that people with significant mental health needs are supported and empowered to achieve stability and meaningful recovery. If you feel you may need some support with severe mental illness, you are not alone.
How to refer to PIR
Anyone can refer themselves or someone else to PIR through our intake line. If you’re not referring yourself, just make sure you have the informed consent of the person you are referring – it helps if you use our referral form.
Our central intake facilitator will follow up with you to better understand your circumstances and determine your potential eligibility for the program.
If you are potentially eligible, you will be connected to a local Support Facilitator who will assess your needs and determine your eligibility for the program.
We may be able to assist you with housing, income and employment, therapy, meeting new friends, working out transport options, or connect you with a peer support worker.
If you are not eligible, we will do our best to provide you with information and resources that may best suit your needs.
- Sunshine Coast and Gympie | Partners in Recovery
- Referral form for Sunshine Coast and Gympie PIR [PDF]
Need help right now?
Sunshine Coast Mental Health Service
- 1300MHCALL (1300 64 2255)
- Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467
Central Queensland Acute Care Teams
- Rockhampton 07 4920 6111
- Gladstone 07 4976 3244
- Emerald 07 4983 9750
- Capricorn Coast Mental Health 07 4913 3200
- Biloela 07 4992 7000
- Community Mental Health 07 4150 2600
- After hours 07 4150 2500
- Suicide Call-back Service or call the service on 1300 659 467
- mindhealthconnect – mindhealthconnect is the easy way to find mental health and wellbeing information, support and services from Australia’s leading health providers, together in one place. Supported by the Australian Government, mindhealthconnect helps you to find information you can trust. Start now with the Guided search or Mental Health A-Z.