Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
Learn more about the PHN’s role in mental health funding, services and programs. Visit our Mental Health Services page if you are looking for mental health support.
- Carers with a diagnosis of mental health issues
- People at mild to moderate risk of suicide or self-harm
- People in remote areas
- People who are affected by extreme climatic events such as flooding or other disasters
- Women with perinatal depression
- Child mental health
- Aboriginal people
- Torres Strait Islander people
- Culturally and linguistically diverse groups
- People who are experiencing or are at risk of homelessness
For ATAPS referrals or appointments, please use the following contacts:
- Central Queensland:
There4U Ltd. on (07) 4924 9700 or visit their website
- Wide Bay:
RHealth Ltd on (07) 4638 1377 or visit their website
- Sunshine Coast:
Artius Health Pty Ltd on (07) 5443 2100 or visit their website
In addition, Artius Health Pty Ltd is providing a mental health service for rural populations in the Sunshine Coast Region and There4U Ltd. is providing the Mental Health Services in Rural and Remote Areas (MHSRRA) program in the Central Queensland Region.
PIR aims to support people with a severe and persistent mental illness who are experiencing complex needs. Our Support Facilitators aim to link people in with services and supports based on their needs and coordinate these services and supports. PIR also work to support the carers and families by putting them in touch with different local services for support and helping everyone to connect, collaborate and integrate.
PIR is supported in its activities through the Strategic Partners Group, Consumer Partner Group and Carer Partner Group. The PIR service is offered in each of the three PHN regions; Sunshine Coast, Wide Bay and Central Queensland and PIR accepts both self referrals and referrals from health practitioners, as long as the health practitioner has the consent of the client.
- Sunshine Coast and Gympie | Partners in Recovery
- Referral form for Sunshine Coast and Gympie PIR [PDF]
- RANZP Guidelines for Clinical Practice
- General Practice Mental Health Standards
- Queensland Plan for Mental Health
- A_Z of Mental Health Publications
- Mental Health Triage Guide
- GP Mental Health Care Plan Templates
- eMental Health – A guide for GP’s – The RACGP has developed e-Mental health: A guide for GPs to assist you in using e-mental health interventions with your patients when it is safe to do so. The Guide is designed to provide an introduction to the field of e-mental health, direct you to key online resources for you and your patients, and help you to decide how to use e-mental health in your practice.
- eMental Health in Practice
Navigate the site
Minimum Data Sets
Mental Health Provider Reporting
Suicide Prevention Lifespan
About the program
Mental health and suicide prevention were identified as significant priority areas in the PHN’s catchment in the Health Needs Assessment 2015-16. The PHN uses qualitative and quantitative feedback from community members, health care professionals, allied health workers and those engaging with the mental health system to implement the right mental health services, at the right time across our catchment.
In Central Queensland, the PHN commissions There 4 U, a local health service provider, to deliver its mental health programs for the region.
- Mental Health Service and Referral Guide – Central Queensland
- Mental Health and Allied Health Services Banana and Central Highlands
- Download the There 4U Referral Guide
- Download the There 4 U Referral Cheat Sheet (including eligibility)
- Access the There 4U referrer portal
- Partners in Recovery Gladstone Service Navigation Tool
- Partners in Recovery Rockhampton Service Navigation Tool
Sunshine Coast and Gympie
In the Sunshine Coast and Gympie, the PHN commissions Artius to deliver its mental health services.