Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
Find forms, templates and links about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- ITC brochure: Integrated Team Care eligibility and info
All new referrals should be directed to North Coast Aboriginal Corporation for Community Health (NCACCH). Please contact the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program Support Facilitator on 07 5443 3599.
- Referral Form Sunshine Coast ITC CCSS GP Referral and Consent Form
About the program
In response to Australia’s well-recognised health gap between Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people and non-Indigenous people, culturally appropriate health care has been a key priority in a wide range of the PHN’s activities, programs and relationships.
PHN Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander primary health care programs are developed locally, in partnership with community, Elders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workers and mainstream health professionals.
Integrated Team Care (ITC)
Formerly known as the CCSS program, the Integrated Team Care program is a free program consisting of Care Coordinators and Outreach Workers who can assist clients with:
- understanding their chronic health condition and how to manage it
- connecting with a support group
- arranging home help
- accessing medical services
- understanding their care plan and medical jargon
- accessing some medical aids for chronic conditions
Please access referral forms under the ‘Chronic Disease Management (ITC) referral forms’ heading