After hours program
- SPOT ON GP Template [RTF – Right click, save as, open in your practice software]
- Participation Information Sheet
- SPOT ON Study Protocol
- WPTAS scale for head injury
SPOT ON treatment protocols
About the program
The PHN is funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health to address gaps in after hours service arrangements and improve service integration within the PHN region.
The key objectives of the program are to:
- Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of after hours primary health care for patients, particularly those with limited access to health services; and
- Improve access to after hours primary health care through effective planning, coordination and support for population based after hours primary health care.
In our region, the PHN is working with consumers and health providers to:
- Develop innovative solutions to address service gaps;
- Address the lack of, or equity of access to, after hours primary health care;
- Improve patient experience by encouraging health care providers to work collaboratively;
- Address fragmentation and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of communication and continuity of care across providers
- Increase consumer awareness of after hours primary health care available in the community.
The PHN commissions services to meet the objectives outlined above. Tender opportunities are released on the PHN’s Tenderlink site as needed and providers can register to receive notifications when an opportunity arise.