for health professionals
The latest information about digital health innovation
My Health Record
Through the My Health Record system you can access timely information about your patients such as shared health summaries, discharge summaries, prescription and dispense records, pathology reports and diagnostic imaging reports. The key benefits of the My Health Record system are:
- Avoid adverse drug events
- Enhanced patient self-management
- Improvements in patient outcomes
- Reduce time gathering information
- Avoided duplication of services.
As more people and their healthcare providers use the My Health Record system, Australia’s national health system will become better connected. This will result in faster and more efficient care.
Visit the My Health Record website for more information.
How to for healthcare professionals
Healthcare professionals can access patients’ health information in the My Health Record system through conformant clinical information systems or via the web-based and read-only National Provider Portal.
If your clinic uses conformant software, you will also be able to view and upload important health information about your patients, which can then be viewed by other healthcare providers involved in their care.
- The My Health Record website has a suite of resources to support you and your patients to use the My Health Record system, as well as online training modules , clinical software simulators and demonstrations.
- How to view AIR details through My Health Record in Best Practice
- How to view AIR details through My Health Record in Medical Director
- How to view MBS items through My Health Record in Best Practice
- How to view MBS items through My Health Record in Medical Director