Sunshine Coast Eating Disorder Access Trial
About the trial
Australia’s first trial of a best practice evidence-based approach to eating disorders treatment in a primary health network is being held on the Sunshine Coast.
The trial will provide primary and allied health professionals with access to training, knowledge, financial benefits and tertiary support. Outcomes of the project will influence future government policy on care pathways for people with eating disorders.
- Limited referrals being accepted from May 2021. Contact SCEDAT Manager Kath Cadman to enquire about criteria, eligibility and support to navigate referral pathway
- Final evaluation at 30th September, 2021
The trial will improve access to:
- Guided self help (GSH)
- Family based treatment (FBT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy – enhanced (CBT-E)
- Specialist supportive clinical management (SSCM)
- Treatment as specified in an individual psychiatric management plan
* Since the introduction of the new MBS items for eating disorders November 2019, the focus of the Trial has shifted to earlier intervention with mild to moderate presentation. Over the next 3-4 months, the Trial will provide information and outreach to general practitioners and practice nurses in the Sunshine Coast region to promote screening practices for those with disordered eating or suspected eating disorders.
* The aim is to improve early access to the most appropriate health pathways.
* If you are interested in:
- receiving the free easy to use Screening Tools to help identify those at risk
- improving patient outcomes for prevention and chronic care management
- having a clear pathway to refer patients with disordered eating or suspected ED.