My Health Record
for the community
My Health Record is an online summary of your health information. You control what goes into your record, and who is allowed to access it. Share your health information with doctors, hospitals and other healthcare providers from anywhere, any time.
Healthcare providers such as GPs, specialists and pharmacists can add clinical documents about your health to your record. This includes:
- an overview of your health uploaded by your doctor, called a Shared Health Summary. This is a useful reference for new doctors or other healthcare providers that you visit
- hospital discharge summaries
- reports from test and scans, like blood tests
- medications that your doctor has prescribed to you
- Referral letters from your doctors.
As more people and their healthcare providers use the My Health Record system, Australia’s national health system will become better connected. This will result in faster and more efficient care for you and your family.
A secure online summary
Having a My Health Record means your important information including allergies, current conditions and treatments, medicine details, pathology reports or diagnostic imaging scan reports can be digitally stored in one place.
The best possible care
Your My Health Record allows you and your doctors, hospitals and other healthcare providers to view and share your health information to provide you with the best possible care. The PHN encourages the use of My Health Record across our region.