HealthPathways is an online manual used by clinicians to help make assessment, management, and specialist request decisions for over 550 conditions.
Clinical Prioritisation Criteria (CPC)
CPC are support tools that help ensure patients referred for public specialist outpatient services in Queensland are assessed in order of clinical urgency. CPC will be used by:
- referring practitioners when referring into the Queensland public hospital system
- Queensland public specialist outpatient services when determining how quickly the patient should be seen (urgency category).
CPCs aim to ensure:
- Equitable assessment of patients regardless of where they live
- Specialist outpatient appointments that are delivered in order of clinical urgency
- Patients are ready for care at their first specialist outpatient appointment
- Improved referral and communications processes between referrers and specialist outpatient services. CPC will assist, rather than replace, clinical judgement and decision-making.
Sunshine Coast and GympieContact: Clinton Bazley email@example.com Ph: (07) 5456 8100 HealthPathways website
HealthPathways is for primary care clinicians responsible for managing patients in the community, and for initiating requests (including referrals to hospital) for specialist assistance.
Each pathway is an agreement between primary and specialist services on how patients with particular conditions will be managed locally.