Have you considered which of your patients might be suitable for Hospital in the Home (HITH) services?
HITH provides eligible patients acute hospital level care in their homes (including nursing homes), and importantly, enables patients to bypass admission to the emergency department.
Patients with the following conditions are particularly suited for admission to HITH:
- Localised Cellulitis requiring IV antibiotics
- Warfarin bridging/Clexane/daily INR care
- UTI/pyelonephritis requiring IV antibiotics
- Hyperemesis gravidarum requiring IV fluids
- Paediatric sleep studies now available
There is an easy process for admission – just contact the HITH Medical Officer via the SCUH switchboard Ph 5202 0000.
A HITH Medical Officer is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.