In a letter to GPs, the Chief Medical Officer, Professor Brendan Murphy has said that the National Immunisation Program for HPV vaccination will now be a two dose schedule of the 9-valent HPV vaccine Gardisil®9.
The new vaccine is now replacing the 4-valent Gardisil vaccine and can be ordered through the same process as all current NIP vaccines.
To support this change practices can download the new clinical factsheets for more information. The update includes guidance for:
- the new two dose schedule
- recommendations for immunocompromised individuals
- recommendations for individuals who are aged 15 years or older
- recommendations for individuals who have started a course with a different HPV vaccine
- Notifying the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) of doses given
For more information
- You can download the Chief Medical Officer’s letter here.
- You can download the clinical fact sheet here.
- You can download the brochure here.
- You can download the poster here.
- Information on notifying the to the AIR can be found here.