For health practitioners
The PHN supports general practices to deliver quality vaccination services to improve immunisation coverage rates in our region.
For resources or further details about how the PHN can assist your practice, please contact us.
How we support you
- Assist and encourage general practices to maintain high immunisation coverage in their patient population to reduce the incidence of vaccine preventable infectious diseases
- Facilitate educational activities with the Sunshine Coast Public Health Unit targeted at nurses
- Provide up-to-date immunisation resources and information
- Develop and execute strategies for improving the timeliness and quality of encounter data forwarded to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) and Vaccination Information and Vaccination Administration System (VIVAS)
- Encourage effective and accurate data management and maintenance activities
- Promote best practice in immunisation and vaccine management