For health providers
For resources or further details about how the PHN can assist you and your practice in regards to immunisation, please contact us.
About the program
The PHN works with stakeholders and supports general practices to deliver quality vaccination services, with the overall goal of improving immunisation coverage rates in our region.
How can the PHN assist your practice?
- Assist and encourage general practices to maintain high immunisation coverage in their patient population to reduce the incidence of vaccine preventable infectious diseases
- Facilitate educational activities in conjunction with the Sunshine Coast Public Health Unit. These session are targeted at both nurses new to general practice and those that are experienced in the role
- Providing up-to-date immunisation resources and information
- Supporting practice staff to enable best practice in immunisation
- Developing and executing strategies for improving the timeliness and quality of encounter data forwarded to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) and Vaccination Information and Vaccination Administration System (VIVAS)
- Encouraging effective and accurate data management and maintenance activities
- Promoting best practice in vaccine management