For health practitioners
The PHN supports general practices to deliver quality vaccination services to improve immunisation coverage rates in our region.
- Nationally accredited immunisation courses available for Sunshine Coast - details below.
- ATAGI clinical advice on schedule changes 1 July 2018
- FLYER - NIP childhood-schedule for parents
For resources or further details about how the PHN can assist your practice, please contact us.
- National Immunisation Program
- Queensland Health Immunisation
- Myths and Realities book
- Spleen Australia Registry
- Queensland Government Vaccination Matters campaign
- MMR Decision Aid
- Vaccination and antibiotic resistance
- Smart Traveller
- Children’s Bravery Certificate A4
- Children’s Bravery Certificate A5
How we support you
- Assist and encourage general practices to maintain high immunisation coverage in their patient population to reduce the incidence of vaccine preventable infectious diseases
- Facilitate educational activities with the Sunshine Coast Public Health Unit targeted at nurses
- Provide up-to-date immunisation resources and information
- Develop and execute strategies for improving the timeliness and quality of encounter data forwarded to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) and Vaccination Information and Vaccination Administration System (VIVAS)
- Encourage effective and accurate data management and maintenance activities
- Promote best practice in immunisation and vaccine management