For health practitioners
The PHN supports general practice to deliver quality vaccination services to improve immunisation coverage rates in our region.
COVID-19 and influenza vaccination
We would like to reaffirm our commitment in supporting you conduct safe and efficient influenza vaccinations in your practice this year.
The following resources have been compiled to assist vaccine service providers in providing influenza and other immunisation services to the community during the COVID-19 response.
2020 influenza vaccination resources:
- Nationally accredited immunisation courses available for the Central Queensland, Wide Bay, Sunshine Coast PHN region - details below.
For resources or further details about how the PHN can assist your practice, please contact us.
- National Immunisation Program
- Queensland Health Immunisation
- Myths and Realities book
- Spleen Australia Registry
- Queensland Government Vaccination Matters campaign
- MMR Decision Aid
- Vaccination and antibiotic resistance
- Smart Traveller
- Children’s Bravery Certificate A4
- Children’s Bravery Certificate A5
How we support you
- Assist and encourage general practices to maintain high immunisation coverage in their patient population to reduce the incidence of vaccine preventable infectious diseases
- Facilitate educational activities with the Sunshine Coast Public Health Unit targeted at nurses
- Provide up-to-date immunisation resources and information
- Develop and execute strategies for improving the timeliness and quality of encounter data forwarded to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) and Vaccination Information and Vaccination Administration System (VIVAS)
- Encourage effective and accurate data management and maintenance activities
- Promote best practice in immunisation and vaccine management
Last Updated on