Central Queensland, Wide Bay, Sunshine Coast PHN
- Are you looking to join a team of professionals who are passionate about the health of our communities?
- Do you want to live in the most beautiful region in the world (in our humble opinion)?
- Keen to work for a company that values your life outside the office?
Your new role
The purpose of this role is to coordinate the PHN’s data systems and processes, ensuring best practice data privacy and governance.
This role is full-time and can be based in our Sunshine Coast, Gympie, Bundaberg, or Rockhampton office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-design and maintain data privacy and data governance systems to meet legislative and best practice ‘privacy by design’ approaches across the business
- Provide staff training and awareness of data privacy, data governance and data management best practice
- Co-design and maintain the PHN’s data management strategy with IT, planning, business improvement and quality and risk teams
- Support IT and planning teams with privacy, data governance and data management best practice, in the design of the PHN’s data systems and architecture
- Review policies and procedures associated with data governance and provide recommendations where required
- Oversee activities related to the development, implementation and maintenance of the organisation’s privacy policies and act as the Privacy Officer
- Act as an initial point of contact and triage for privacy queries within the PHN
- Continually evaluate methodologies and processes associated with data governance and usage for continuous improvement
- Develop and maintain structures for storing data including categorisation and metadata to support strong governance
- Perform and manage data breach incident investigations and privacy complaints
- Provide privacy and security communications and lead team cohesion across other operational business units
- Perform privacy impact assessments
What we will offer
- An attractive remuneration package, including salary sacrifice packaging, up to $15,900 per year tax free. Less tax = more take home pay for you!
- You can also use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses such as meals and holidays.
- 5 weeks annual leave, so start planning!
- Flexible work options, including work from home opportunities = work/life balance!
- Access to an employee assistance program - a free and confidential counselling service available to you and your immediate family members
The successful applicant will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or experience in Health Data or Project Management and Health Informatics would be an advantage
- Have completed a current Privacy Certification or working towards (preferred)
- Five years’ experience in a related role, specifically as privacy officer or data privacy role or information technology with related privacy component
- Demonstrated experience in developing privacy and data governance and management policies, procedures and implementing governance frameworks
- Experience designing and delivering privacy and security related awareness and training
- Is proactive, well organised, has excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead a discreet body of work with multiple stakeholders autonomously.
At Central Queensland, Wide Bay, Sunshine Coast PHN the people make a positive difference in the community, and you can too!
We are an independent not-for-profit organisation funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health to improve the health outcomes of the region. The PHN coordinates primary and preventative healthcare – that is, the healthcare that takes place outside of a hospital, such as general practitioners, allied health, chronic disease management, aged care, mental health, and Indigenous health.
We need people, just like you, to help build healthy, resilient, connected communities – country to coast.
The PHN is a culturally safe place to work and embraces diversity in all its forms.
How to apply
If you feel you meet the criteria and would like to apply, please send your CV with a covering letter through the apply button.
All applications are held in the strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that our industry sector and our organisation are part of the Public Health Order that makes vaccination mandatory for their employees. Therefore, should you be shortlisted for this position, you may be required to provide evidence of your current vaccination status and/or ability to comply with this mandatory directive with regard to your vaccination status.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.