Mental Health Minimum Data Set
From 1 July 2017, commissioned provider organisations (POs) are required to upload data into the Primary Mental Health Care Minimum Data Set (PMHC-MDS).
About the changes
- The Department of Health had previously advised the Access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS) and Mental Health Services in Rural and Remote Areas (MHSRRA) MDS would be shut down when the PMHC-MDS data entry interface was implemented.
- ATAPS/MHSRRA system will now continue for a further 12 months due to difficulties in converting the data between the two systems.
- From 1 July 2017, full compliance with the PMHC-MDS is still expected.
- All consenting clients referred for mental health services from 1 July 2017 must have information entered into the PMHC-MDS.
- Keep entering the data of existing clients whose data has been previously entered into the ATAPS / MHSRRA MDS
- New referrals should NOT be entered into the old ATAPS / MHSRRA MDS from 1 July 2017.
- The ATAPS / MHSRRA MDS will be kept online for up to 12 months to allow for those existing client referrals already receiving services under the old ATAPS system to be maintained until all sessions associated with that referral are complete.
- Existing ATAPS / MHSRRA MDS service providers will need to input data collections into two systems, ie the PMHC MDS for new clients / episodes commencing post 1 July 2017 and the old ATAPS system for existing clients who have not completed their treatment.
If you have queries about the MDS specifications or data entry, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.