The new $4 million Buderim Private Hospital Emergency Centre is the first private emergency centre to open on the Sunshine Coast and is now providing specialist emergency care to patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Wallis Westbrook, General Manager of the Buderim Private Hospital, said the launch of the Emergency Centre builds on the hospital’s commitment to bring new innovations in healthcare to the people of the Sunshine Coast.
“We anticipate the Emergency Centre will be well supported by our community who will value the greater choice of emergency care and our dedication to providing fast, quality care from the heart,” he said.
Key information about the service should your patients require this specialised care is detailed below:
- Minimal wait times with free parking
- Nine patient bays, including a dedicated resuscitation space
- Approximately 50 employees, including doctors, nurses and administrative staff
- Everyone is welcome at the Emergency Centre including those without private health insurance
- Able to accept all patients
- Standard out-of-pocket fee will be $310, which includes pathology and radiology
- No out-of-pocket fees for WorkCover and eligible DVA patients and concession rates available
- Private health fund members who require admission can be admitted directly to the hospital and access our leading specialists
- Patients without private health insurance who require admission can self-fund their hospital stay or opt to be transferred to a public hospital
- With patient approval, a discharge summary will be provided to their GP
For more information about the Emergency Centre, please visit buderimprivatehospital.com.au/emergency
This article was submitted by Buderim Private Hospital.