Did you know that 80% of Australian women who develop cervical cancer are under screened or have never screened.
The Department of Health has developed a new toolkit to assist healthcare providers to engage under-screened and never-screened women in cervical screening, and to support them should they choose to participate. The toolkit includes information relevant to GPs, nurses, aboriginal health workers and practice managers.
The toolkit provides specific information about engaging with different groups of women, including:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women
- Women from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- Women with disabilities
- People who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) and have a cervix
- Women who have experienced sexual assault
- Women from remote areas
- Older women
- Women who experience socio-economic disadvantage
- Woman who have had the HVP vaccine