Our Practice Support Officers and extended support teams provide general practice with a range of education, support and services.
- Accreditation resources
- Quality improvement opportunities
- Data integrity management and cleansing
- MBS item numbers and updates
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander health information and cultural awareness
- Chronic disease management resources and education
- Clinical software resources and templates
- Education resources and training
- Clinical pathways resources
- eHealth and secure messaging resources
- Immunisation education and updates via Public Health Unit
- Recall and reminder systems education and resources
- Hospital and Health Service Referral pathways
As identified by the Sunshine Coast Regional Health Needs Assessment, the following local clinical priorities will be a large focus of the Practice Support Officers in the provision of general practice support:
- Asthma and COPD
- Mental Health
- Chronic Disease Management
- Indigenous health (Closing the Gap)
About Practice Support
The PHN recognises that general practice lies at the heart of primary health care, and as such, we are committed to providing support and assistance to ensure our community have access to the best possible health care services.
Resources for general practice
You can access our dedicated education resources page to view webinars, download training manuals or course material for upcoming professional development.