Suicide is everyone’s business
Central Queensland, Wide Bay, Sunshine Coast PHN is committed to working with service providers to achieve better outcomes on suicide prevention for communities. Contracted providers across the region include:
- Central Queensland Rural Health suicide prevention program.
- Caloundra Community Centre servicing the Sunshine Coast and Hinterland regions.
Artius Aftercare Services
For support after a suicide attempt or crisis, Artius provides non-clinical, assertive outreach, follow-up care and practical supports to individuals directly after a suicide attempt or crisis.
For further information visit the Artius website.
This free one hour training provides:
- Knowledge and skills to identify warning signs that someone may be suicidal
- Confidence to talk to them about suicidal thoughts
- Connect them with professional care
If you are based within our PHN’s National Suicide Prevention Trial Sites, please e-mail your local area contact for a licence.
Enter organisation code: SCPHN to activate your account.
National Suicide Prevention Trial
Central Queensland, Wide Bay, Sunshine Coast PHN has been announced as one of the twelve National Suicide Prevention Trial sites, bringing significant resources, activity and funding to areas of need in the region.
The trial will use the Black Dog Institute’s LifeSpan model which is a systems-based approach to the delivery of suicide prevention services, targeting at-risk populations identified at a local level through existing needs assessments and an audit completed by the Black Dog Institute.
- Adult Males (30-59 years)
- Unemployed Adult Males
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Males
- North Burnett: Gayndah, Mount Perry, Biggenden, Monto, Mundubbera, Eidsvold
- Gympie and surrounds (Tin Can Bay, Imbil, Cooloola Coast and Kilkivan)
- Each trial site will run from 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2020
How to get involved
These action plans include details of upcoming training, events or collaboration and how you can get involved in trial site.
- Gympie Suicide Prevention Action Plan
- Maryborough: Available later in 2018
- North Burnett: Available later in 2018
Sunshine Coast and Gympie:
PH: (07) 5456 8100
PH: (07) 4131 0800
- Mindframe’s Australian Bureau of Statistics snapshots
- Black Dog Institute
- Integrating Integrated Suicide Prevention in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities – A Guide for Primary Health Networks
- Indigenous Governance for Suicide Prevention in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities – A Guide for Primary Health Networks