- Consider novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) infection in patients with fever and respiratory symptoms who recently travelled to anywhere in China.
- There is not enough information yet to determine the incubation period, the rate of infection or the source of the virus.
- For severe respiratory illness, transfer patients to Emergency Departments for investigation.
- Contact your Public Health Unit for advice on suspected cases including diagnostic testing and specimen collection.
- Queensland Health has launched a web page with information for both healthcare workers and the public.
Read the public health alert here.