- There is a cluster of cases of viral pneumonia in Wuhan, China. The cause is being reported as a novel coronavirus.
- The cluster is centered at the Wuhan South China Seafood City Market (also called the South China Seafood Wholesale Market and the Hua Nan Seafood Market).
- Travelers to Wuhan, China, should avoid living or dead animals, animal markets, and contact with sick people.
- Patients presenting with respiratory illness should always be asked about their travel history.
- Be alert for patients who have travelled to Wuhan, China,within two weeks of onset of illness and who present with fever and respiratory symptoms.
- Please place a surgical mask on the patient and isolate as soon as they are identified in a negative pressure room or single room and notify the local Public Health Unit.
Read the public health alert here.