The National Cancer Screening Register will be able to provide healthcare providers with the patients’ full cervical screening history regardless of the state or territory where test was performed.
Previously, healthcare providers have been contacting state and territory registers for cervical screening histories pre 1 December 2017, and the NCSR for cervical screening histories post 1 December 2017. There will be no longer any need to contact state or territory registers for patient screening records
To access national cervical screening patient records, healthcare providers can contact the NCSR directly on 1800 627 701. The Contact Centre operates Monday to Friday, between 8am and 6pm in all Australian state and territory time zones.
You will require the following information for authentication to access the NCSR:
- Your full name (first name / last name)
- Clinic name and phone number (not your direct line)
- Medicare Provider Number/s
It would be useful to also have the following on hand:
- The address linked to the Medicare Provider Number
- Your registration start/end date for the Medicare Provider Number